Despite the not for profit or charitable nature of your association, it is not impervious to legal action.
Directors and officers must also be aware of their exposures to personal litigation as a result of their responsibilities. Fortunately you can access insurance specifically for your organisation that will free you to fulfill your role in the community.
Guardian offers association liability insurance to organisations across the diverse not for profit and community sector, from local clubs and societies to social service agencies and philanthropic foundations. We tailor insurance to your organisation’s unique mission and activities. This can include the following cover items:
- Professional Indemnity cover for allegations of incorrect professional advice
- Directors and Officers’ Liability insurance for allegations of wrongful acts by the Office Bearers in the management of the business.
- Automatic Fidelity cover up to $100,000 and crisis event protection up to $50,000
- Tax Investigation costs up to $10,000, as well as fines and penalties cover up to $100,000 for specific types of penalties
- Superannuation Trustees Cover and
- Occupational Health and Safety defense.
In the ever increasing world of litigation, it is also important that your organisation protects its assets and people with adequate cover. Organisations rely heavily on their board and volunteers and have an obligation to ensure their safety. Guardian can assist you with risk management tools and strategies that will help minimise your organisations exposure